Friday, September 23, 2016

Christmas blues

I was intrigued by this week's Sketch Saturday layout, and this is what I came up with.
The image (sent to me in a card swap) is colored with pencils, with sparkly spica pen added to her little star. The blue piece is embossed with a Sizzix/Stampin Up folder. The brown card stock is two-sided, and I used the opposite, lighter color to mat the main image.
The star brad started out silver and I used alcohol ink to give it a brown stain. (That's a handy-dandy tip for any time you have a metal embellishment you want to change the color on.)

This card is for these challenges:
Sketch Saturday #430
Holly Jolly Christmas #81 -- embossing
Winter Wonderland Tic Tac Toe (blue/emboss/sparkle)
Christmas ard Challenge #41 -- color challenge (blues and browns)
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #299 -- Cute Christmas
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra -- Anything Christmas

11 comments:

  1. Good tip for staining brads! Your card is pretty. I like the image and your interpretation of our sketch. It makes for a lovely Christmas card. So glad you joined in the fun this week over on the Sketch Saturday blog.
    ~Jo, SS-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Winter Wonderland. Good luck and we hope to see you again. Christine DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card. Love the design and the embossed background. Thanks for joining us this week at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! Such a sweet image!!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Christmas Card Challenges!!
    Debbie (CCC DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my favorite Christmas Tilda's so couldn't resist popping over to take a peep. Lovely card.
    hugs
    Margaret M
    http://emspaperdaze.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! She looks so sweet and innocent. Thanks for sharing her with us at CHNC Extra! :)

    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Sandy. I used the same sketch for my card too.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
    Lou DT xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the color your star brad is so I highly appreciate your handy dandy tip. You card is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely creation. Thanks for playing along with us for our Technique Challenge at Holly Jolly. Hope to see you again soon. Good luck.
    Lynn, Holly Jolly DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts