Friday, July 8, 2016

BBQ time

We cook out a lot in the summer, which makes me happy because the kitchen stays cooler, and my husband is the grill master, meaning I don't have to cook as much. So let's celebrate outdoor cooking.
Here's a card featuring an old set by Studio G. I thought I had a die for a flower that might work for the sun, but I ended up hand-cutting the sun element (and  frankly, I'm not thrilled with it.)
I used the current Mojo sketch and the inspiration board from the Double D Challenge.


The card is for these challenges:
Mojo Monday #455
Double D -- simply gingham
The Paper Shelter #256 -- Sunny Days
Creative  Inspirations #255 -- summer
Time Out #61 -- inspired by quote: "Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine"
Word Art Wednesday ##238 -- anything goes
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge -- use patterned paper.
 

10 comments:

  1. This is ADORABLE!! Nothing says BBQ better than red gingham!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Simply Gingham’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bits of gingham are perfect for a summer BBQ! I like your wavy sun, it's shimmering in the heat. Now then, pass me the ribs, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic creation! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations for our Summer Challenge! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the inspiration quote! Really cute card! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The summer is about BBQ-ing for us too - so your card definitely makes me think of sunshine-y summer days! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a super fun card! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely. Thank you for taking time to share your creation with us in the #238-# 239 Word Art Wednesday Challenge.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandy! This card is adorable, and it speaks perfectly of July 4th and its celebrations. What WOULD we all do without our BBQs? Fore me personally, I use it almost every night for dinner. Probably 95% of all my meals are grilled. This is SO cute, and i can't thank you enough for sharing your lovely art with us. Have a blessed week and please join us again soon. I always enjoy seeing your wonderful cards in our challenges.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card, so good for the summer. Thank you for joining us at CHNPPC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great summer creation. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations for our summer challenge!
    CraftyNatalie- DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts