Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Don't melt




It's hot outside. Think snow.
This card uses a cute snowman from I Heart Stamps and also uses their weekly sketch. The snowman is colored in pencils with Wink of Stella added to the white on the snowman for sparkle.  I hand-stitched the snowflake elements on the side, using three strands of floss. I tried adding Wink of Stella on top of the floss, but I'm not sure how visible it is.

Sketch158This card is for these challenges:
Rudolph Days -- Christmas
I Heart Sketches #158 - sketch
Catch the Bug -- color challenge (blues and grays)
Winter Wonderland -- stitching
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #287  -- use a sentiment
s
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Extra -- anything Christmas

9 comments:

  1. Cool! Or maybe cold. I like the stitched snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of hands titching the snowflakes. They look great. Your snowman is a cutie! Great card!
    Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card - the snowman is so cute and I love your handstitched snowflakes - the perfect finishing touch. Thank you for joining us at the Rudolph Day Challenge and good luck.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the snowman and a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Christmas card, cute snowman, thanks for sharing at Winter Wonderland, good luck.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card, such an adorable image.
    Thanks for joining in the Rudolph Days challenge this month. Good luck!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Love the sweet image.
    Thank you for joining us at Rudolph Days Challnege. Good Luck.
    Hugs,
    Valerija - DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card and great choice of image! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts