Friday, January 22, 2016

Sticking my neck out

It's all about the cute today. I have had the set Mindy's Zoo from Autumn Leaves for years 9since I picked up at Target on clearance) and I'm reluctance to use it because it looks so childlike. I just decided to embrace that look for this card.

The giraffes are stamped in Colorbox Chalk Chestnut Roan and colroed with pencils.  The little balloon is a random unidentified stamp I own, the with string drawn in and collected to the little guy's paw. The distressed rrame is made of craft card stock I roughed up with a scissors's edge and pulled the layers of paper apart.  It's a birthday card (see the balloon) but I didn't have a birthday greeting small enough for the tiny tag, so it goes inside.

The layout is the current sketch at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

I'm entering these challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday -- sketch
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- Create with Critters
The Paper Shelter #232 -- rough it up
Catch the Bug Birthday Celebration -- Bingo (2 animals/Kraft, twine)
2 Crafty Girls/jade's Sparkling Butterflies #11 -- anything goes with option of adding a tag
Craftyhazelnut's patterned Paper Challenge -- use patterned paper
Kraftin Kimmie's Wonderful Wednesday -- anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #218 - anything goes

14 comments:

  1. This is quite cute. Your take on the sketch is lovely. Thank you so very much for posting your very creative and inspiring art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 218th - FF AG challenge. I pray Blessings for you and your family; stay creative and be happy. Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your giraffes, too, Sandy, as well as your fun post title!! I love the childlike quality of the design and all the coordinated elements!! Thank you for the visit!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you decided to use this set, your card is absolutely adorable!! I love giraffes!! Thanks for joining our birthday celebration over at Catch the Bug.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect use of the papers, love the sweet little giraffes. Thanks for joining us this week at SSW2. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very sweet, Sandy. Thanks for joining the Birthday Celebration at Catch the Bug this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to thank you for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 also!! So happy you played along with our challenge.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet Sandy. I love the giraffes and your design is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Jade's Sparkling Butterflies. Cathy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a couple of those really childlike drawings as stamps (or I used to... not so sure now that I ponder it). But YES! That was the problem with them is it seemed perhaps a bit too kiddie like. I think it is cute though and this is perfect for a birthday (embrace your inner child and all).

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a really cute card, thank you for joining us at Jades Sparkling Butterflies for our ‘Add a Tag’ Challenge, hope to see you again. Emma DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's adorable (even if it IS child-like!) So glad that you chose to use it AND share it with us over on the Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 blog. Please come back again.
    ~Jo, SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your adorable card! The frame is perfect! Thanks for joining us at SSW2!
    Judi GDT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet giraffes. Adore your card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Create with Critter challenge!
    Gayatri xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your creation! Beautiful design and layout! Thanks for joining us at TPS this week! Hug Lena

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great card for Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge
    Thanks for sharing it with us, don't forget our next challenge starts soon Donna ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

It's not easy being green

 It's beginning to look like spring with the grass and trees greening up, so I made a green card. I found this cute image of a frog and ...

Popular Posts