Monday, January 11, 2016

Really CAS

I admire people who can do one-layer CAS cards, but it hardly ever works for me.
Except this time. I really like how this came out. (In fact, I liked it so much and it was so easy I made a bunch.)
The bird is from Clear Art Stamps, colored in pencils. The falala (from the same set) and sentiment (Hero Arts, maybe?) are stamped in red.  The branch is a Tim Holtz die cut from a snippet of brown card stock.

This sweet little bird is entering these challenges:
STAMPlorations January CAS challenge -- CAS
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenges #263: Red
the Paper Shelter #230 --punch or die
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Extra -- anything Christmas
Kraftin' Kimmie's Wonderful Wednesday --  Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday #217  --  Anything Goes




5 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Love the CAS look! Thanks for joining us at Kraftin Kimmie Wonderful Wednesday Challenge! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a sweet card, Sandy. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. I'm so grateful to have you play along, and really hope that you will join us again soon.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, love the one-layer look, can't duplicate it worth a bean (it just seems naked). This is very cool though. I think the die cut branch is what makes it seem not naked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card, love your happy little bird and that pretty sentiment! Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts