Sunday, August 30, 2015

Bookmark

I go through a lot of bookmarks.  I'm usually reading several books at one time, so I keep my bookmarks busy. Bookmarks are essentially tags, but unlike typical tags, which you load down with embellies and dimension, a good bookmark is flat.https://www.pinterest.com/pin/141581982010929745/I used the Back to School inspiration from If You Give a Crafter a Cooker to come up with the design. It is a digi image (possibly from Inktegrity) colored in pencils and fussy-cut, then layered on a "notebook-lined" sheet of card stock, and a yellow one under that.  To add a little more interest without a lot of dimension, I coated the apple and the bookworm 's eyes with Glossy accents.

I found a sheet of alpha-stickers in appropriate primary colors and added an optimistic sentiment (because, sadly, not all books can actually be "best book"). How do you like the ribbon -- it has the alphabet on it.

This bookmark is for these challenges:

Crafty Sentiments -- bookmarks
CRAFT -- Back to School
Cookie Challenge #26 -- Back to School


3 comments:

  1. No, they can't all be the best book but I love your optimistic sentiment! I get leery when I read a bunch of really good books in a row... I know a loser is coming soon. LOL! Sweet bookmark! I'm have it with back to school now. It hasn't been a full week yet and I'm so over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW,,,too cute! Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bookmark!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts