Thursday, July 30, 2015

In the style of...

I'm doing a swap where the idea is to create a new Beatrix Potter character with a stamp.  I chose this sweet little penguin from Sweet Pea Stamps.  I used the current sketch from Sketch Saturday, and kept the colors muted to look like the Beatrix Potter illustrations I remember.  I added some white wink of Stella glitter on all the snowy elements, but they didn't show up in the photo. The papers are all snippets from a Making Memories pad, accented with three gel dots.

I'm entering these challenges:
Sketch Saturday #371
Word Art Wednesday #194 -- anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- anything goes
Pixie's Snippet Playground #187  -- use snippets
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge -- used patterned paper

4 comments:

  1. Aw, how cute is this then Sandy?! A lovely Christmas card.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a soft, sweet card. Love your color choice. Thanks so much for playing along at Sketch Saturday and using our sketch to feature your great work! Hope to see you again. Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet card :) thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good imitation of the Beatrix Potter colors! You really nailed it with this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts