Sunday, January 25, 2015

Wrapped up in sparkle

I used this image for a Christmas card once before, but I thought it would work well with these evergreen tree die-cuts I got as an RAK. It seemed like a good project to start the Christmas card stash for 2015.

The stamp is from Clear Art Stamps, colored in pencils.  I added superfine white glitter to the trees on the image as well as to the die-cut trees.  The bigger one is popped up in the foreground and adds some dimension that isn't showing well on my photo.

This is my entry for this year's first round of Rudolph Days, which has moved to Scrappymo's blog for 2015.

I'm playing in these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge -- winter stamping
The Paper Shelter #187 -- all wrapped up  (the woman is wrapped up in quite a coat)
Rudolph Days, Jan 2015 -- Christmas
Holly Jolly Christmas -- Lots of Sparkle
Crazyhazelnut's Christmas Extra -- anything Christmas
Word Art Wednesday #167 -- anything goes

11 comments:

  1. she looks cozy, all wrapped up, and your trees match the background perfectly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! :) - Ashli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup . . .I agree. The trees are fab and so is the coloured image.

    Hugs, Sarn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trees are lovely and your card has wonderful depth. Thank you for participating in our 167th AG challenge here at Word Art Wednesday. I hope to see you back again really soon.
    Blessings,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good idea to make a start on your Christmas cards Sandy. I wish I was that organised. Fabulous card she certainly is very well wrapped up.Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Paper Shelter, we have a new challenge starting tomorrow and I hope you can join us for that. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Lovely sparke. Thanks for joining us at TPS this week and good luck :)
    Hugs Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lovely image and you have coloured it so nicely!
    The trees add a nice senseof depth to your scene.

    Thank you for taking part in my first Rudolph Days challenge of 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lovely image and I really like the sparkly trees, it all makes such a nice scene. Thanks for sharing with us at CHNC Extra, hope to see you again.

    Hugs
    Brenda
    CHNC Extra DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the sparkle on this!! SO pretty and very classy looking. Fantastic card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely, Sandy! You have indeed achieved great dimension with those fabulous sparkly trees!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those trees make that scene! So chilly and sparkly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts