Sunday, January 18, 2015

Upcycled Christmas





 
  This fancy gold foil ornament and red tag were attached to a gift we got from my SIL. I set it aside for potential upcycling for a card, and this is what I came up with. I used a couple of snippets of patterened paper cut on a diagonal behind it, and added a card stock sticker for a sentiment.

I wanted to give a shout-out to Di, owner of Pixie's Snippet Playground, for showcasing all her lovely upcycled Christmas cards. Since I've become a follower of her blog, I have really started to see the possibilities of upcycling.  I did a bunch of upcycling in November when I was churning out all those cards for Vera Ling's card drive, but I was in such a hurry to produce I didn't get around to photographing any.

Also, this card is a trifecta for Craftyhazelnut's challenges, managing to qualify for her weekly Christmas challenge, monthly Christmas challenge, and her monthly patterned paper all in one fell swoop. I think that's a first for me.


I'm playing in these challenges:


CHNC Christmas #212 -- Upcycled or recylcled
CHNC Christmas Extra/Janurary -- Anything Christmas
CHNC Patterned Paper/January -- must use patterened paper
CRAFT #294 -- Christmas
Pixie's Snippet Playground #160 -- snippets




7 comments:

  1. Wow, this is an upcycle deluxe! You have inspired me to take a look at the cards I received. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CRAFT Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous upcycling Sandy! And thank you so much for the shout out :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card. Thanks for entering all of my Craftyhazelnut's challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant bit of recycling that ornament looks so ornate, love the papers and card design, thank you for joining our challenge at CHNC Extra
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Di is influencing a lot of people these days! I've seen a lot of upcycled/recycled Christmas cards lately. I'm thinking about breaking out the cards I received in 2013 but I have so many other things I should be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really great card - love the paper cut into triangles.

    Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great upcycled items, Sandy, creating a very colourful and fun card. Like Di, I'm really into recycling/upcycling mainly because I hate to toss all those lovely cards my friends and family take the trouble to send to me. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts