Thursday, July 24, 2014

Beach Break

We've had muggy, rainy weather all week, so it wouldn't have been a good beach week, but I can still dream, right?
This image is from Purple Onion Designs, and it always makes me think "Wish I were there." The image is colored with pencils, and I assure you there is blue sky (if somewhat pale) that simply didn't photograph. The lemonade has Glossy Accents on it.
I used snippets of a bunch of prints that look like beach blanket colors to me for accents, including the die-cut button (from MFT).  I cut three layers of card stock to give the button enough bulk to look realistic without it being too bulky for mailing.  The bow is made from two strands of baker's twine.

This card is being entered in these challenges:

Sketch Saturday, sketch 319
Die Cut Divas, Button and Bow
Loves Rubberstamps #113, Summer Fun
Creative Inspirations #275, Here Comes Summer
Simon Says Monday, Summer challenge
The Paper Shelter Summer Challenge, Anything Goes
Pixie's Snippet Playground #134, using snippets
Word Art Wednesday # 142, Anything Goes


7 comments:

  1. Very cute - This makes me think of fun in the sun at the beach.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great summer card! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sandy, this really is a great card! Perfect for Summer and every little bit of detail is spot on! Love it!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty colors, Sandy. Love the oranges! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week! Hugs, Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card makes me feel more relaxed and happy just looking at it! Thanks for reminding me about the pleasant parts of summer instead of just the scorching heat! I thought you used so many lovely techniques and I'm really impressed with how smoothly you blended the colors together with the pencils. That sand looks so realistic! Your attention to detail was also great to see, like how you added Glossy Accents to the lemonade. What a clever idea! I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your card and reading your write-up. Thank you so much for sharing this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. It was a wonderful and inspiring interpretation of our theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT layout and perfect card and image for this weather!
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great beach image and love the papers you used in the background! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts