Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Rainbow of parrots

I love rainbows, including rainbow colors on cards, so when I saw The Alley Way Stamps latest inspiration challenge, I was all in. If you follow the parrots from right to left, you'll see the old rainbow ROY G. BIV in neat little pairs on the birds: red/orange; yellow/green; blue/violet.
I knew I wanted to use bright colors, so I decided to try paints instead of my usual pencils. (No matter how bright or dark I think I've colored something, people always leave comments: "Love your soft colors.")  I found an old set of dry watercolors (so limited I had to mix my own orange and purple). Just for fun, I flicked a contrasting color on each parrot rectangle.
Since I set the parrots to dry  before assembling the card, a though occurred to me while they were drying -- why not use Glossy Accents on the eyes?  It worked out brilliantly; they look like goggly eyes, only better.
The parrot is from TAWS set Land Ho; the sentiment is a freebie download from their  website.

The card is entered in these challenges:

TAWS BE  Inspired #53.
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Paint 
Creative Inspiration 269:  Bold,Bright Colors
Word Art Wednesday #136: Anything Goes
Loves Rubberstamps #107: CAS
Sister Act #60:  Anything Goes


7 comments:

  1. Wonderful use of colour! Great eyes to! Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card..thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge..Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a SUPER FUN card with so many amazing colors. Thanks SO much for sharing with us this week. It's a blessing and I thank you for joining us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great design. Love the design. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun card and you've definitely bought a bit of colour to my day! Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts