Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring brings birds

Well, it is finally beginning to look and feel like spring -- a few weeks behind the norm for here, but I guess we take what we get, right?
I'll dedicate today's card to the bluebirds I've seen flying around. We have a couple of bluebird houses that look exactly like the birdhouse on the left up here (except most of them aren't painted, as my husband found out after painting one that birds prefer the wood unpainted).
The three birdhouse image is a digi that I printed out a while ago, so I'm sorry I can't give credit for it. The birdhouses are colored with pencils. The sentiment comes from a Stampin' Up set.
The papers are from a Making Memories Stack, and I added twine and a chipboard button to finish the card off.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday, Sketch 304
Paper Players 190, three of something (three birdhouses, obviously)
Challenges 4 Everybody, Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge, Spring has Sprung
Word Art Wednesday #127, Anything Goes.

6 comments:

  1. Great Spring card Sandy, love the bird houses and colors. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, I love these three little birdhouses! Finally, I think spring is here in PA too! Thanks so much for sharing this and playing with my PP "three spree" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card!! Thank you so much for playing along with the Papertake Weekly Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us this week at Word Art Wednesday! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such soft colors! They definitely give one hope for spring's arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the soft Spring colours you used on your card. Thank you for joining in our challenge at Sketch Saturday.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    Sketch Saturday DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts