Friday, February 21, 2014

Hints of spring

After our snowstorms, we are seeing hints of spring. Hurray.  I'm celebrating with a spring-themed card.

I own exactly one jar of Flower Soft -- it's called sweet pea, and it's perfect for doing cherry trees. So every spring, I end up pulling it out to make a spring flower card.  These bare trees by Posh Impressions make a perfect canvas for the Flower Soft.

I used Sketch Saturday Sketch #297, using the sprig of ivy in place of the strip of paper shown on the sketch. 

Details:
Ink: Chestnut Roan colorbox chalk.
Dies: Tim Holtz  ivy; scalloped circle Nesties
Paper by DCWV

This card is for the following challenges:

Sketch Saturday #297, sketch
Totally Papercraft #207, Spring
Word Art Wednesday #120, Anything goes
Sister Act #45, Anything goes


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Sandy! Love the Flower Soft on the trees! So springy! Thanks for joining us for Sketch Saturday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous image and dies. Love it. Thanks for playing along with Sketch Saturday this week, Niki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the dies! I just love this, and I thank you SO MUCH for sharing with us. If you really love die-cuts, I encourage you to check out Top Dog Dies www.topdogdies.com - you would LOVE their amazing die-cuts. Thanks for sharing your beautiful art in our challenge, and please stop by again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely job. Thanks for joining us at TPC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts