Friday, February 28, 2014

Happy Friday

Two things I am happy to see: 1) signs of spring and 2)  that vellum is back "in" for cardmaking. 
I played off both trends for this card.  The sketch is from Papertake Weekly Challenge, and the image is a digi from Stamping Boutique.  It's colored in pencils.

I ran a piece of vellum through an embossing folder. I like the look, but vellum is pretty fragile and it's starting to tear along the crease lines.  I may need to try a different folder.

I'm entering the following challenges:

Papertake Weekly, sketch 87
Sister Act Card Challenge, Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday, #121 Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. The little bird just warmed my heart. I have about 20 at the feeders on the north window. This is so spring like. Thank you for sharing this wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday today. Blessings, Carole DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could all definitely use a touch of spring! Thanks for joining us this week at the Sister Act Card Challenge! Hope to see you again next week! Sheena B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts