Monday, November 4, 2013

Masculine birthday

My husband's birthday is coming up, and I really struggle with coming up with a masculine card for him every year. He loves fishing, so I usually try to focus on some element of fishing, and this is what I came up with for this year.

The background has been sitting around for a while, so I am not exactly sure what it it is. It's glossy cardstock that I think was colored with watered-down reinker then splattered with either salt or some sort of spray cleaner (like Lysol) to create the waterspot pattern. It's very possible I tried with salt, didn't like the results and sprayed with cleaner.  Doesn't matter, I thought would make a pretty sunset.

The silhouette image is stamped with Memento black. Oddly enough, I didn't think that would work, so I first tried it with Versamark and black EP.  I was surprised this came out so much better.

The image is from Victorine Originals.

I am entering this card in the following challengs.

CRAFT Challenge #231, masculine card
Just for Fun, your favorite color (It's the blue on this card)
Simon Says Wednesday, Anything Goes
Sister Act #31 Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Love your fabulous mans card its brilliant.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sister Act Card Challenge! Hugs, Bo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great card, Simle but so effective thanks for joining in with our challenge at JFF Fav colour, good luck with your entry, hugs Mandz xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts