Friday, September 27, 2013

More fun with flocking

I bought some flocking several years ago but never pulled it out of my stash until a few days ago. I love how it feels, and I had to use it again.  I think it looks great in the center of a sunflower, so this image is perfect for flocking.  I used double-sided tape to hold it this time; the first time I used dimensional glue, which held well but doesn't look as good.

The current CRAFT challenge is to be inspired by a book.  This image reminds me of the scene in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban where the kids are hiding in the Hagrid's pumpkin patch. (Actually it looks more like the movie version of that scene, because there were crows all over the place in the film version.)

Image: Mark's Finest Paper
Paper: DCWV
Accessories: Colored pencils and flocking

Sketch:  Papertake Challenge #83

I'm entering this in card in these challenges:

Papertake Challenge #83: Sketch
CRAFT #226: inspired by a book
Simply Create Too #47: Autumn
Word Art Wednesday #99: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Very cute card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy: So glad you joined in our "Fall/Autumn" Challenge #47. Your card is so cute--love the pumpkin.


    Diane
    Simply Create Too Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sandy

    I too have lots of flock that has never touched a card - what a bad girl I am!

    Great card - love the image.

    Thank you for joining our challenge over at Papertake Weekly - I wish you the very best of luck.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Toodles

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. super creation, so glad you played along with us at CRAFT x carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. MFP has the sweetest stamps, and you did an amazing job with this one. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful card in our challenge this week. I appreciate having you play along and hope that you will continue to join us. May God bless your week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute image and you have aced it.I don't even know what flocking is but it sure looks good.
    Thank you for posting with us. It is wonderful seeing your projects.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts