Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Sew fun

This pin cushion really takes me back. I remember my mother having one just like it.

I got this image as an RAK, and I decided to play up the sewing theme by adding stitching around the image and using a button as my embellishment.  The image is colored with pencils with silver gel pen on the pinheads. The button is die cut, and it was originally hot pink. I sponged red on it to make it fit the color scheme for this card. The adhesive lace also seemed like a "sewing" kind of detail, so I used a strip of it, too.

The layout is from Sketch Saturday, sketch 266.
This is also for Tammy's Scrapin Corner challenge #70, to use animals.


1 comment:

  1. absolutely love the botton, it is a perfect finish to the card

    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts