Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Going for a ride

I love bike riding and now that DH has a new bike, we're trying to go biking a little more.  So I thought I'd have some fun with this bike image from Rubbernecker Stamps. I used the current Sketch Saturday sketch (#269) for the layout.

The biker is black-embossed on a pale blue card stock.  I used the "out of the box" (or, in this case, out of the circle) technique when die-cutting, so my biker is popping out of the mats. I also added eyelets to the center of the wheels -- an old trick but a fun one that adds a little interest and color there to the center of the main image. And since I have a lifetime supply of eyelets, I used a few to hold the sentiment in place as well.

The background paper is some of my favorite summer paper -- the colors just look like summer and the striped one reminds me of a beach towel.  That qualifies this card for Victorine Originals challenge #64, to use summer colors.

1 comment:

  1. Great card Sandy, love the papers you used and image outside of the box - so clever. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts