Monday, February 11, 2013

One fish, two fish, red fish...

     Every time I see this sentiment, that little song from Finding Nemo keeps floating in my head: "just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
     This card was done for The Alley Way Stamps' Be Inspired challenge #21. The inspiration photo probably should have sent me the Valentine's route, but I decided to focus more on color.  I like how the red just pops out there among the white and cookie-brown.  This school of fish seemed like a good choice -- after all, every school has someone who swims in a different color, doesn't it?
      The fish are colored with pencils, and I used glossy accents on the bubbles to give them a little dimension. Fish and sentiment are freebies you can get on the TAWS blog (follow link to challenge). There's a single fish, too -- in fact, Alley did the single fish and one of the users manipulated it into the school. Alley thought it was so cool, she shared that file as well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts