Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pierced frame



Pierced frames are a quick and easy way to add interest to a card. To create the frame for this image, I just cut a scrap piece of paper to the size I wanted, then used a corner rounder on the edges to create an interesting shape. Use low-tack tape to hold it in place and pierce around it.

Olive green and red is a little twist to the traditional Christmas colors, making them look a little more contemporary and fun. Red and green are complementary colors, or opposites, so this is being entered in 365 Cards challenge #285, to use "opposite colors."

The tree is a die-cut sticker. Actually, there were three slightly different versions of the tree on the sheet of stickers, so I made three versions of this card, because I think it's fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts