Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Three variations on a theme

I've really had trouble feeling inspired lately, so it's quite suprising that 365 Cards's challenge #250, to make three cards that are variations on a theme, appealed to me. Maybe I just needed a real challenge, but I jumped on it. The challenge is simply to make three cards that are similar in some way but different in others, with no restrictions on what changes or what stays the same. I ended up keeping the same layout, but changing the image, sentiment and colors on each.

The images I used for this are from an old Stampin' Up set, but it's new to me as I picked it up at a consignment sale a few weeks ago. It's called Botanical Garden and features three diffeent images that are all the same size, so it was easy to swap them out in the layout.

I colored the Iris and the Leaf images with watercolor crayons. I used colored pencils on the other flower image. 

I'm really happy with how these cards came out. Hopefully my mojo is back.

Other supplies:
Sentiments: Give Thanks from Mark's Finest Papers; others are from CTMH
Embellishments: half black pearls or mini rhinestones
Nesties: Oval and Scalloped Oval.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts