Friday, May 11, 2012

Flowers, flowers everywhere

     How many floral images do you have? I have no clue how many I have, I just know I am drawn to them and have to remind myself that I have plenty of flower stamps when I see another I like. I also like floral printer paper and flower embellishments, so the Victorine Originals challenge #33, with the theme of '"flowers" seems like it was made for me.
      I started with floral paper for the base card. For the central image, I inked up the flower with Colorbox Chalk ink called Cadmium Yellow and stamped it off once on scrap paper before stamping it, so I got a lighter image. I overstamped with the sentiment in black Memento ink and sponged the edges around it with a greenish color called Bamboo. All the papers are from a Making Memories stack called Sydney.
     For the embellishment, I used  two layers of gauzy flowers under the paper flower both to make it fluffier and so the green of the gauze would be evident.  They are attached with a mini brad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts