Monday, April 23, 2012

Time to start thinking about Mother's Day

This time of the year is a busy one for birthdays and holidays in our family. I decided to use the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge (RRR46) as a jumping off point for a Mother's Day card, since I know I need to make one. The challenge was to make a card with black and white and one accent color. I chose red.

The rose square is from Zim Prints, which I think is a long-gone stamp company. I used to love stopping by their booth at the stamp show, and they haven't been at the show for years. The actual stamp is larger, and I trimmed it down to fit.  Roses were inked in Memento Black and colored with pencils. I added some spica pen accents to give them a little shine because they looked kind of flat.

Sentiment is computer generated and accented by some red gems.  The strips behind the rose images are ribbons -- two strips of a narrow red ribbon and one strip of a wider black and white gingham. They also add a little sparkle and texture to the card.

I'm off to make masculine birthday cards now.

1 comment:

  1. What a great Mother's Day card! Thanks for playing along with the Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts