Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sort of a collage

I really shy away from doing collage, but this card sort of ended up collage-like. It's not quite what I envisioned when I started, but I'll call it a learning experience.  I did end up using some materials that are a little unusual.
The sketch for this is the current one at Card Patterns (#155). I stuck pretty close to the sketch, simply using an oval where they had a circle for the butterfly.
So, what's so unsual about these materials?  The butterfly is black-embossed an a paint sample card, and the backgkround is a page torn from a very old thesaurus (one I keep around only for the purposes of crafting.) There's no sponging on that -- that's real live aging. The butterflies are punched from vellum -- not unusual, for sure, but I haven't used any for a long time. Actually the butterflies are two layers thick; they were too pale with just one layer of vellum.
Details: Small butterflies by Impression-Obsession, large one might be Stamps On Fire.  Martha Stewart Seam binding,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts