Friday, March 9, 2012

Not a shamrock in sight

This tag is for two color challenges, the Monochromatic Green at Really Reasonable Ribbon (RRR43) and Green, White and Black at Victorine Originals (VO29).  I know when someone suggests green cards in March, you're supposed to do St. Patrick's Day, but I have no appropriate images and don't really get inspired by leprechauns (no offense to those who do -- I have seen plenty of fabulous St. Patty's Day creations!).
I decided to make an Asian inspired tag instead. The images are from Hero Arts and Inkadinkadoo. 
The bamboo is clear embossed on the green tag. I stamped the lanterns on a multicolored paint chip (so I could get several greens that worked together), cut them out and strung them on baker's twine.  The symbol/sentiment is matted on black and placed on top of a piece of ribbon that I folded into a point. The black ink is StaZon on the lanterns and Memento Black on the other. The edges of the tag are sponged with Versacolor Bamboo ink.  I added a green eyelet and tied a variety of green ribbons and fibers to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts