Friday, February 24, 2012

You've got style

I made this card a few days ago and forgot to post it until now. It's been another crazy week, with the car in the shop (again), which always throws me off my rhythm.
I made this for Really Reasonable Ribbon's current challenge, (RRR #42), use pink and brown.  It's a great color combination.  I used a couple of challenges at SCS as a jumping off point -- the sketch is from the sketch challenge, and I used a decorative edge scissors to meet the Ways to Use It challenge requirements. It was a good reminder of why I don't usually use decorative-edge scissors -- it's too hard to cut straight (even though I draw a line to cut along) and the corners always come out funny.
The details of this card:
Dress form images from Lost Coast; sentiment from Endless Creations.  The dress forms are paper pieced with some SU polka-dotted paper.
Ink is Colorbox chalk Chestnut Roan.
Embellishments are pink velvet rickrak and a varigated brown ribbon.

2 comments:

  1. This is pretty- I love those corsets.
    So glad you could join us at
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty card!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbons Pink and Brown challenge!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts