Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Winter fun

     I got this cute penguin stamp during Impression-Obsession's annual Thanksgiving sale, and I'm so happy to have an excuse to use him. Cute images like this are "almost" enough to convince me that winter is fun (but I live in the South, where ice is serious and can shut the town down for days, so it's not "completely" enough to convince me).
     I also love this sketch from Card Patterns (sketch 145).  It went together so quickly I was amazed, and I really like that element I used blue vellum on -- it really gives the card an extra bit of pizzazz.  This card is also for the current challenge at There's Magic in the Air -- "winter fun with bling" (bling in this case being glitter).
     Image is stamped in Memento black and colored with pencils and OMS.  It's matted on a scalloped circle.  White layer has a punched edge and is also embossed with the Swiss Dot folder.  Blue vellum was punched with same edge punch.  Ribbon is actually sewn in place -- I sewed the button on the card with embroidery floss.
      What sort of winter fun do you enjoy?

4 comments:

  1. How sweet! Thanks for your sweet comment on my Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop spoolie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used colored vellum before, but you've totally inspired me to try it! Super sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card. I love the blue colors and the cute little penguin. Thanks so much for joining us in the There's Magic in the Air challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card. Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts