Friday, December 9, 2011

Reindeer Games

     I was super surpised to see my name listed as winner of last week's Card Positioning System Challenge (yay for random selection).  A big thanks to CPS and Stamping Bella, the sponsor for last week. 
     On to this week's challenge at CPS (CPS 247).  I'm loving all these sketches that allow me to use up the little scraps of Christmas dp I have stashed in a folder.  This one is pretty self explanatory.  The reindeer is in glittery gold embossing powder because, like everyone else, I dig out the metallic EP for Christmas cards.  That gold cording is a recurring theme in my holiday cards, as well, it seems.
      Reindeer is from A Muse stamps.  It is cut out and matted on metallic gold circle, embossed with the nestie.  The little tickets are from Paper Cupcakes Christmas tickets set -- the bottom one shows Santa wih his sleigh and reindeer -- and are tied onto the cording with a small bit of cording (I punched tiny holes in the tickets first).  The scrap of striped paper has been corner-puched to add a little interest up there.
     Ultimately, it's really a CAS card, but I think it's quite festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts