Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thanksgiving Card

I finally got around to trying some of the new techniques from the current edition of Tecnhnique Junkies.  One, called chalk resist, required chalk ink and a solid stamp, so I used this pumpkin. The technique takes advantage of the fact you can see what is stamped beneath the chalk ink, so the background stamping shows through (although the photo didn't pick it up very well, I just noticed)
I thought the curlicues of the background stamp (an old Stampabilities stamp) were a good complement to the curlicues on the stem of the pumpkins.
The sketch is Card Positioning System   sketch #242. I replaced the paper clip with a tiny safety pin and a bow. The flower seen in the picture looked too stark white; after taking the photo I sponged on some orange ink to make it fit in better.
Other details:
Inks:  colorbox Chalk in tangerine and chestnut roan; Memories shadow ink in pale leaf
Sentiment: taken from two different sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts