Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thanksgiving Card II

     When I saw the current challenge at Victorine Originals (VO20) was to use the color combo of black and orange, I immediately thought of Halloween. However, it's too late in the year to be doing Halloween cards, so I decided to challenge myself to use those colors for a Thanksgiving card. I was driving around when I came up with the idea for this card, and I was inspired by all the trees I was driving by, espically the variations in color found on a single tree.
      The layout is based on the current Card Patterns sketch (#139) .
      The bare trees image is from Posh Impressions. I stamped part of it on the white panel in Memento Tuxedo Black, letting the rest just disappear off the right edge of the paper.  I went thru my scrap pile and found a variey of different orange papers to punch leaves from, then added leaves to the trees and on the ground.  The sentiment comes from two different sets, with the "happy" in Colorbox Chalk Tangerine and the "Thanksgiving" stamped in black.
     To play on the variations in oranges theme, I used different orange papers to mat the main image and the sentiment; the ribbon has yet another shade or orange. Finishing touches include a corner punch and a leaf embellishment (too bad I didn't have one in orange)

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I love the open space you left here. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts