Tuesday, September 13, 2011

With a Flourish

This week's sketch at Card Patterns (#132) is a very nice CAS layout. I used it for today's Teapot Tuesday Challenge at SCS, which called for creating a card with flourishes and pearls.  I used blue as the color  for this card, qualifying for Victorine Originals Challenge #16, to use a primary color.

This card went together extraordinarily quickly for me.  I simply stamped the Autumn Leaves flourishes on the base card and the sentiment (from TPC) on another panel, using Ancient Page Cobalt Blue ink.  Matted the panel with blue and added pearls to the flourishes and ribbon tabs to the edge. Used pop-dots behind the matted panel.

I love it when clean and simple is also quick and simple.

2 comments:

  1. How pretty Sandy! I love those flourishes and the gingham ribbon tabs. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts