Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fall Leaves

     The weather has cooled in the South to where it's pleasant but still doesn't feel like fall. That's a good three weeks off. But fall is my favorite time of year, so I'm enjoying it in stamping if not in real life.  So making a card for Really Reasonable Ribbon's current theme, Autumn, (RRR32) was the obvious thing to do.
     This card was created using the Card Patterns sketch for this week, sketch #134. The leaf stamps are from Autumn Leaves (how appropriate!). Not sure of the origin of the other stamp, it's a foam backed stamped I picked up on clearance at Hobby Lobby. The ink is Chestnut Roan fluid chalk ink, which is one of the real workhorses on my stamping desk.
     Papers are all from an old Provo Craft mat stack, and the burgundy twill ribbon worked well with it. As embellies I added faux stitching, a leaf brad and a punched edge.
     So, I have my fall leaves, and I don't have to rake them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts