Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Christmas in July


     This week's Teapot Tuesday Challenge is Christmas in July -- create a card feturing a gingerbread man. I didn't have any good images, but luckily fellow SCSer Leigh, who runs Happileigh Scrappin, offered up this cute image for challenge participants.
     The image is colored with pencils and OMS.  The layout is this week's Card Positioning System sketch (CPS228).   I added a scalloped edge and ribbon to the panel on the left of the cookie, and also did a little piercing in each corner of the main image. (Papers are from an old Hobby Lobby Christmas pad.)
     I'm so proud of myself for being able to locate all my holiday supplies.  I found an aluminum candy cane (from Michael's several Christmases ago) and added red and green gems to it, because this card is also for Victorine Originals Challenge #13 to add bling, and that's about as blingy as I get.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute image!! Great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! I need to think about Christmas or I will never get mine done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts