Friday, April 22, 2011

More Butterflies



Here's another quick card. The color scheme -- orange, green and yellow -- is for this week's Magical Monday/Paper Cupcakes challenge. That cute cupcake and butterfly is from Paper Cupcakes -- and wouldn't you like to have pretty cupcakes like that at your Easter get-together? (Be sure to visit the blog -- there's a free sample digi there.)

The orange ribbon was inspired by this week's Etsy Inspired (EIC135) shop, Creating is Fun. This is a shop full of ribbon (including some awesome crocheted stuff) and other items that would make great embellies. I will have to go back and go shopping there.

I used the sketch from this week's SCS Clean and Simple Challenge. The image is paper pieced using various bits of subtly dotted paper from Marcella K. The bottom half of the base card is embossed with the Swiss Dot folder. The ribbon is also from Marcella K, and that's my new McGill butterfly punch I've been showing off.

1 comment:

  1. Sandy, this is such a lovely clean and simply card. Love the sketch and I love how you placed all your colors. Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA with Paper Cupcakes!
    Hope to see you next week!
    Nina
    TMITA w Paper Cupakes Blog
    (free digital images)
    Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts