Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Monochromatic


I don't know what it is about brown, but it always looks good on a monochromatic card. Seriously, no one lists brown as their favorite color, but put a bunch of shades of brown together and it looks great.

This card was inspired by this week's Etsy Inspired (EIC127) store, Claylicious. As you'd probably guess from the name, it's a pottery shop. I was inspired by this mug, both for the color and the theme.

This card also qualifies for the Stamping for the Weekend Challenge (SFTW #4) to make a monochromatic card.

Main image by Inkakinkadoo, stamped in Chestnut Roan, with Sand Beige and Creamy Caramel sponged on the edges. Sheet music (source unknown) stamped in Creamy Caramel and sentiment (CTMH) in Chestnut Roan.

5 comments:

  1. this card is so much like my pottery rustic and earthy
    thank you
    eshkar
    claylicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Perfect for your inspiration piece! Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! Love the colors...thanks for playing with Etsy this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe you can ask anyone that knows me and they will tell you brown is my favorite color :D
    I think your card is just lovely.
    Kind regards,
    Jennifer Ferrell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, especially the way you've done the ribbon in the corner! Must try that! Thanks for playing along with us at EIC this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts