Monday, October 18, 2010

Early holiday card


To me, it's really WAY too early to start thinking about Christmas (even though I end up doing a bunch of holiday-themed writing assignments about now every year). However, I kind of got in a Christmas groove for VSN over the weekend at SCS. I used the current CPS sketch (CPS 189) as the layout for one of my VSN cards.

I went with a silver and navy color scheme. Angels stamp is Stampabilities, and the stars are an SU background stamp. I used a detail silver EP, though I got a little more stray dots than I like. The ribbon is a quick way to work in a sentiment.

In a way, this echoes one of the first Christmas cards I made after I started stamping. I used the angel stamp and the star background stamp for it, and there was blue involved. I think I stamped the angels in navy blue, matted on navy and then matted with white stamped with navy stars. (Back then, I did production style Christmas cards, but I find that boring and make everyone different now.)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful choice of colors for your lovely card! Great job with the CPS sketch this week! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those angels!!! Sooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts