Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Etsy-inspired summer dress


This week's Etsy Inspired shop, EIC87 , is Lindsay Brackeen, who does absolutely adorable, whimsical prints for children's rooms. She has prints for each letter of the alphabet, and I was inspired by her pieced dress for the letter D. So I paperpieced this dress (for a slightly more mature figure than Lindsay's dress). The stamp is by Endless Creations, and it's highlighted by small gemstones at the neck and along the right side.

I used this week's SCS sketch challenge. The papers are from My Mind's Eye -- funnily enough, the name of the blue-flowered print (used on the horizontal strip) is "summer dress."

I finished it off with some paper piercing, although I've lost the plastic needlework grid (high-tech, high-class equipment!) I use for spacing and the guide I was using was harder to work with. It's metal and you can't see thru it, so the lines kind of ended up wonky.

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts