Saturday, March 13, 2010

Wood inspired thanks


This week's Etsy Inspired Challenge takes us to a store called 3 Dots Jewelry, where the artisan sells jewelry that is made from wood. The wood tones and geometric shapes of this necklace inspired me to pull out a set of funky shapes from Purple Onion Design and every color of brown ink I own. The result is this CAS card for EIC79


The ink colors are Versacolor Sand Beige, a copper, and Colorbox Chestnut Roan.


This also qualifies for this month's SmArt Word challenge, which is to do a monochromatic card.

3 comments:

  1. mmmmm, brown is one of my favorite colors - so warm and rich! I love all those earthy shades and the geometric shapes are awesome!! Thanks for playing along iwth the smART Word challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, I love your take on this challenge! Great clean lines and fun card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your inspiration piece and how you created that same feel on your card. Thanks for playing in the Etsy Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts