Sunday, March 14, 2010

White Wedding


It just so happens that both the SmArt-Word Challenge and Stamping for the Weekend have a monochromatic card challenge going on right now. For me, it was the perfect opportunity to make a wedding card for my niece, who is getting married in May.

If you're doing all white, texture is the way to go, so I used the Swiss dot folder on one layer, and used the love postage stamp embossing folder as well for another layer. I silver-embossed a wedding cake (StampCraft) and used a white organza ribbon with silver edging. There's a little bit of piercing, but it didn't really show up in the photo.

I wanted the card to be fresh and white without being too frilly -- after all, there's a groom who will be getting the card as well.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wedding card, just stunning Thanks for joining SFTW!!1

    Hugs di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is something so elegand about an all white card. thanks so much for participating in the smART Word Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts