Monday, November 16, 2009

Milestone birthday


You have to love it when a challenges meshes precisely with something you have to do. Case in point: Stamping for the Weekend's challenge #24 to make a card for a milestone event. Guess whose husband is about to turn 50?

I used CPS sketch 142 for this. The chipboard squares are left from another 50th-birthday card I made a few weeks ago (is there trend here?) I overstamped the chipboard with the word "celebrate" several times. The saying about "forget your age" is from SmArtWorks. The black and white paper is from Making Memories. In keeping with the "masculine" theme, I used red twine as the embellishment.

5 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the '50' and the sentiment is fab! Great design!

    Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend. Good Luck.

    Kimmi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello.
    I like this card, and I love the sentiment, it is so true :-D
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW and good luck.
    Gunn :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card, Sandy:O) Love the stunning paper, and the sentiment is brilliant.
    Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
    Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts