Thursday, September 17, 2009

ICS34 For the birds


I did this card using ICS sketch 34, which is a lovely and versatile sketch I can see revisiting many times. I made the card for the Featured Stamper challenge at SCS this week, as well.

The stamp is inked in Versacolor Bamboo on the leaves,; the bird is mostly SU Baroque Burgundy, but that was puddling on the clear stamp so I also added a little bit of a red (on one of those little 1-inch square pads you get with cheap sets of stamps). Ribbon is another one of those clearance "Christmas" ribbons from Michael's.

Must say, paper piercing is the world's cheapest, easiest embellishment and it really helps add a finished feel to things.

5 comments:

  1. Elegant take on the ICS sketch this week , thanks for joining in the fun. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so clean and pretty. I love it!!! Thanks for playing along with is over on ICS. Have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful! I just love your ribbon!!! Thanks for the nice commment on my card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally gorgeous and elegant!! really catches your eye. wonderful work. way to go on the IC sketch this week!!! great job..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and I love the ribbon that you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts