Wednesday, September 9, 2009

CPS132 Ladybugs

So, is there any color combo as unbeatable as red, white and black? (And I'm not even a Georgia fan ... the colors are pretty inescapable where I live.) This week's Teapot Tuesday Challenge required ladybugs, so the color combo was almost a given. I used the Card Positioning System Sketch #132 for my layout.

The ladybug is an old Stampcraft stamp. I black-embossed in on the white and on a red print, then paper pieced it, die cut it and speckled a little black on the squares. (Oh, let's be honest, I was covering up for stray black EP). I put the sentiment block (Hello from Purple Onion) at an angle because everything was just so straight and symmetrical. I added a button for this week's Doubledog Dare challenge to use a button on your card. The size is about 6 1/4 by 3 1/4 -- it's made to fit in a "letter" envy.

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts