Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The "little" mermaid


I made this card for CPS118. I love this little mermaid stamp from A Muse, but it really is little.

Every time I use it, I have problems because it's too tiny to make a good central image.

I'm not terribly pleased with this card. The mermaid is too small, the fish embellie is too big, and I'm not sure my rows of rick-rack convey the idea of waves, which was the original thought. Can't win them all, I guess.

Mermaid is by A Muse. (She has clear gitter on her scaly part, although it photographed more goldish). The fish stamp is from Hero Arts, and the wooden fish is another one of my yard sale finds. (I got a baggie of wooden items, including fish and flowers.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts